0Hdp019CzlJfzlpbNfXvCGzVdUU Daphne the Doberman: Werner-Boyce Salt Springs

Werner-Boyce Salt Springs

My photographer took me to Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park but did not take our camera!  What kind of photographer is that?  Anyway, according to Florida State Park's website, you can fish and paddle around this park.  The salt spring itself is said to be 320 feet deep.  Lucky I know how to swim.  The are supposed to be gophers, tortoises, fox, birds and dolphins in the park.  We didn't see any of that but it sure sounded like we were hiking in the jungle.  The park has three entrances.  We tried the Scenic Drive entrance at 10333 Scenic Drive, Port Richey, Fl.  We found a nature trail and walked the entire trail.  It was a big loop back to the parking lot.  My photographer let me be in charge.

This park has two more entrances.  One is called the Black Rail trail head and is off State Road 52.  There is also a Main Gate at 8737 US Highway 19 North.  My photographer says she will take me to both.  It is so hot hot lately that I am not so sure about that!


No comments: